Thursday, August 21, 2008

Final FTT before IM WI...crazy numbers, no data and I HATE Ergomos

Had my final FTT before IMWI, and ergomo read 244w NPower watts previous test 3-4weeks ago was 205w and for what it's worth, I was getting 222w FTP on the indoor trainer in the spring.

Let me explain- my ergomo has been on the fritz (again!) this time not holding a battery charge (I'm ready to throw it out the window, but that's another story) but it read full battery last night (after dying on Saturday and Monday's rides..go figure) but the past couple rides I was having a hard time getting comfortable on my saddle again (too many issues, I know!) but on Saturday I rode the Timberman course and stopped a couple times and raised my saddle a tiny bit to get me in a more comfortable position. It worked, but the pressure was still there on my saddle. Ergomo died. Not a great day.

Rode again Monday (giving myself a day in between for saddle discomfort reasons) and before I rode I flipped my stem to raise my hoods a little (a little less aero, but a lot less pressure on my saddle area) and my ergomo died 10mins into the ride (it sucks) but in the time I did have the numbers, I was noticed I had significantly more power (like 250 working hard, and 180 going easy)

Hmm..So, I was curious to rest last night...ergomo did not die (hallelujah!) BUT it wouldn't upload the data after wards (still sucks) so all I have is what my screen read which was
:42min
15.85 miles
241avg power
244 NPower
22.6mph
85TSS
1.1+IF
avg HR 168 (max 175) I noticed it was 170 mostly during the 40mins hard and got down to 152 on the 2min recovery.

So thank GOD I paid attention (and only used my ergomo for the set in fear of it dying on me!) SO I read the data and remembered it. Now I'm in a quandary about Saturday's RR...I assume I should use the #'s from last night (even though they are grossly high from previous RR???) I can only assume my saddle height and hood location are to blame???

0 comments: