Friday, September 26, 2008

This sport HATES me....

Seriously, every single sport has me down lately....saddle woes on the bike, sore knees from the run and now swimmers sinusitis (I think!) Sinusitis refers to an inflammation of the sinuses, air spaces within the bones of the face and is most often due to an infection within these spaces. I think I have this right now. After my flip turn show on Wednesday (and again today) I have had a stuffy nose, slight headache and have been sneezing uncontrollably! Thought I was getting sick, but did a little research and found this was a common problem (with swimmers and triathletes) the dozen consecutive sneezes after exiting the pool this morning had me thinking this is all related to the water/chlorine?
Anyhow, sounds like medication, saline spray, a nasal cleaner-outer, or a nose plug are my options...jeesh...I thought all this working out was supposed to be GOOD for your body. Who knew??

3 comments:

Kimmi said...

oooooooooo, get a Netty Pot! They tickle a little and it looks really nasty when you use it, but they work well.

Unknown said...

Anyone for some tennis?

Ms. R said...

I second Kimmi! NETTY POT! They're like magic. Don't be fooled, a genie does not come out of it to grant you three wishes. Dang...