Sunday, September 14, 2008

A lot goes into IM training and racing...a huge thanks

Wow..I cannot thank all the people who have influenced my race. I'll try to mention a few, but I know there will be more out there I'll forget.
My husband, who is my best friend and partner in crime. We have the same love, desire and uncanny ability to have fun together no matter what we're doing. He's the athlete I want to be.
Coach Patrick who got me to the starting and finishing lines healthy and sane. You know your stuff and helped me train smart this season.
Our families who support us, care about our love of the sport and come out to races to show support. Donna, Don and Joe came out to Madison, thanks...it was great to have you there!!
Our crazy tri peeps Laura and Kim who got us to sign up for this race, it was SO fun having you guys to train with and spend race weekend with.
Our training peeps Pam and Daniel, you guys are our biggest fans :) We appreciate your support and friendship. You are both awesome athletes. We look forward to many more rides and runs together!
Amanda Russell...sometimes fate has a funny way of affecting our lives, somehow we ended up working together which has allowed us to spend many hours chatting about triathlon- you get it. You also connected me with April, who is a great athlete who I was able to cross paths with at IMWI, hopefully I'll get to know her better and become friends with. We're similar in speed and have a shared desire to be a better athlete. My other online IM training peeps, Karen, Edie and Colleen...have enjoyed sharing our experiences throughout training!
The guys at Fitwerx2 who keep our bikes straight and our gear up to date, They ROCK...shop there often they are worth every penny. Trust me.
Jenny Harvey, a Team Envision training pal who came out to Madison (and surprise us) to watch the race, you ROCK!
There are SO many other people that I'm sure I'm missing, but thanks, thanks, thanks to everyone, you are all so important to us!

2 comments:

Ms. R said...

Congrats Team G on an amazing day! I'm so glad I got to meet you two. It was a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Yay Dawn (and Greg!) Great job on the race. Loved the race report and all of the pictures and loved your thanks to everyone! It's amazing how many people matter when making such an individual journey... I'm learning that! Congrats though my dear - you did AWESOME!