Friday, December 21, 2007

"I think I'm done pretending"

It's official- I'm done pretending to enjoy running in the snow. Two Thursdays in a row, Boston has been socked with lots of the white stuff and both days I was scheduled to run 10mi. I embraced the first storm. An early season snowstorm that dropped 10" of snow in a matter of hours left the City in automobile gridlock, which allowed Greg and I to venture out and enjoy the serene winter wonderland. About an hour into the run, I was pooped...running in freshly fallen snow is HARD!! It's like running on the beach...it takes a lot of our your legs.
Yesterday's storm, not so heavy on snow (maybe 3") but still heavy on the legs!! I ran with Laura and Betty...and about half way through our slushy cold run I proclaimed "I think I'm done pretending, there is nothing enjoyable about this run right now...I'm miserable" I might be confined to the treadmill for the balance of the snowy, winter season. Boo.....

0 comments: