Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mother Nature is Evil



Well, well, well…I guess this is what winter in New England is all about. See my previous posts about running in the snow, I guess the training runs in the snow are worthwhile when it snows on race day. The 2008 Derry Boston Prep 16 miler was held on Jan. 27, and guess what? It snowed!! Nothing like an inch or so of freshly fallen snow to make a challenging course more challenging!

I battled through and still managed to beat last year’s time by 4mins or so, despite the weather conditions. It was a tough race and definitely one that took a lot out of me. I woke up the Monday after feeling like I’d run a marathon. My legs were sore, my back was sore, I took a couple days off until my muscles recovered.

Next up: Martha’s Vineyard 20 Miler, next Saturday Feb. 16, that is one of my favorite races!


0 comments: