Friday, January 2, 2009

Following through....


I'm terrific at starting things.

Lists, journals, diets, you name it...but I really have to rack my brain to remember things that I have followed through with to my satisfaction. I have great intentions, but usually end up getting sidetracked and forgetting and never getting around to finishing things.

In 2009, I resolve to following through on some of the things that I always intend on doing and usually start, but never finish.

1. Losing these stubborn ten pounds I've been talking about losing forever now! I have begun a training/food journal that really will focus more on how I feel and what went right/wrong and what hurts/doesn't and how I'm improving in an effort to see how I'm affected by things. I would like to log a minimum of 5x/week through Jan. and see how I do. This is a self inflicted challenge.

2. I would like to organize all the addresses I have for friends and family (that I scrounge for every Dec. when I go to do my Christmas Cards) this will allow me to actually SEND the cards I buy for people throughout the year and keep in touch with people better. I will buy a new address book and update before the end of Jan.
3. These are just a couple of many, many things I have attempted to start and never finish. I will likely add to this list, but in the spirit of New Year's Resolutions I am starting small as not to easily fail. I would like to add one thing to this list of things I'd like to follow through with each month this year. Hold me to it!

The good news in this post is I have NEVER EVER dnf'd in a race. If I start a race, I finish it....it may be the *only* aspect of my life that I follow through with!
Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like some good goals! :)

April Bowling said...

Another thing we have in common - hanging in there no matter WHAT! You are an awesome athlete and person - I am proud to know you...no matter what the outcome of your resolutions! :)

Kimmi said...

Dude, I find it really hard to believe that you have an extra ten pounds on your body, unless you gained 10 pounds after IM. Muscle weighs more than fat and all that jazz.

April Bowling said...

Where are you dude? You need to write so I can read it :) I miss you!