Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Be the Change you wish to see in the world"


"Be the Change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi.

That is the quote on the paperweight I have on my desk (thanks for the gift, Mom!) This quote could not be more appropriate these days. Things need to change.

Somehow I was convinced that January would be a nice easy month of relaxing and settling into the new year comfortably. But suddenly it’s 1/21/09 and we have a new (read: competent) President that I was SO excited to see inaugurated yesterday. I could not be more proud of being an American right now. Watching the crowds, the politicians and all the pomp and circumstance yesterday was enough to bring me hope that change may actually occur with this new Administration. I’m not very political, but I will admit this was the first Presidential election I’ve ever voted in because sadly, it was the first time I cared enough to do so. I am proud to say I voted for Obama, Change we can believe in.


It’s been a while since I blogged and somehow I forgot my password and seems as though Blogger is going to make me set up a gmail account now too? So not cool…and not very helpful in my quest to blog more! Guess I need to change my password and my email.



In my previous post I wrote about losing the same “10lbs” I’ve been talking about for years and it’s with pride that I share I have lost 6lbs so far this month, and I’m down 10lbs since October (after our trip to Hawaii where I ate anything and everything in sight!) So apparently logging my food is good thing (and ever so eye opening) and having a supportive husband who can eat anything and not gain a pound, but will put up with my grilled fish (or chicken) and green bean dinners on a nightly routine is ever so helpful. So the quest continues to be leaner and more fit (numbers don’t mean much to me, I want to be strong and fast.) so these little changes I have made these past few weeks seem to be working, I will continue on this path of being healthier in an attempt to change my body composition.



If you know me personally you have likely heard me cry and complain about my “saddle issues” and discomfort on my terrific (yet painful to ride) P2C. Well, I am happy to report after more than a dozen fittings, six saddles and almost that many trips to the doctor I am SO HAPPY to report that I think we might have found the problem. I rebuilt my road bike geometry (on my original bike) and found that my tt bike hood drop was ~3cm LOWER, causing my hips to rotate too far forward and place all my pressure forward (not on my sit bones) causing me all these problems. SO easy fix, raise my aero bars, and match the geometry of my road bike FINALLY I am comfortable on my tt bike!! Fitwerx2 rocks. They are currently setting up my tt bike with the new numbers- I will pick it up this weekend. We all had smile on our faces after the fix on Saturday, I suspect everyone and their brother was tired of my crying and complaining. I have renewed hope that this fix will allow me to make appropriate gains on my bike this season. I could not be happier to be on two wheels; hooray for Change.



Next month shall bring new changes (yeah!) and challenges so I look forward to tackling those with revived energy! Bring on the changes...

0 comments: